Web & Video Conferencing
Zoom Video Conferencing
Zoom, Chico State’s new video and web conferencing tool, is now available to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Zoom Meetings allow up to 200 participants share audio, video, text chat and screens. There is an also an integration available for Blackboard Learn.
- Zoom Webinars allow up to 3,000 viewers for live events.
- Zoom works on PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices.
- Zoom works with rooms equipped for video conferencing.
- Anyone in the world can join a Zoom meeting, but only a host can start/schedule meetings. See Getting Started below.
- Select Sign In above and enter your portal id and password to create your host account and specify meeting settings.
- See the Getting Started guide below for information about uploading recordings to the Kaltura Media Server.
- Click Host a Meeting (with Video on) and invite others to join as participants.
- Review the Getting Started with Zoom at CSU Chico quick reference guide to see what is possible.
- Faculty who want to incorporate Zoom in the classroom are encouraged to contact the Technology Learning Program (TLP) to go over preferred meeting settings and best practices.
CSU Chico has a 200 GB cap on the storage for Zoom cloud recordings.
All Zoom cloud recordings will be automatically deleted after 30 days.